Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Last Week at the CCM!!! :)

Dearest family and friends,

Wow. Can you believe it? I've been out for over a month now. Time really flies here on a mission. Soon I'll be IN THE FIELD!!!!!! I am beyond excited. Okay, this last week wasn't too incredibly exciting, but I have a few things I can highlight.

Teaching - we started a new investigator this last week. Hermano Romero chose to play Abinadi Galvan, someone he taught on his mission. He has a family, and they aren't members, but he was a member but just doesn't go to church. I mean, his name is Abinadi for crying out loud - he knows about the church. It was interesting to teach someone who knows everything about the church.  We simply need to help him find his testimony again, and bring his family along. It's definitely helpful to teach someone like him. We are going to be seeing all kinds of situations like his, so it's been really helpful. We are also teaching each other now in the afternoon. So I teach Elder Pogroszewski, and he chose to be his.....you got it....less active member. It's so hard....but it's good practice. We won't always be teaching people who know nothing about the church. I chose to play my good friend Arden before she got baptized. It's been really fun to re-live her experience of being baptized. Also, for the nighttime teaching, when it wasn't Hermana Kivett and I's turn to teach, Hermano Romero wanted us to be in the lesson with him and play his two daughters. It was the coolest experience of my life!!! It really helped to watch the elders teach us, a family, and it helped me see what kind of missionary I want to be, and also see teaching from the investigator's perspective. It was SO fun!!

Funny story - so, my biggest fear was spilling my tray of food on myself while in the comedor.  I knew that if I had this fear, it would come true. So it did. Hermana Kivett and I were trying to pull apart a banana and in the struggle, my bowl of cereal spilled all over me - wow. It was soooo embarrassing. My good friend Alejandro couldn't stop laughing!! He was trying to teach me the word for peach, and then I spilled...yup. That's me for you.

Tongue Twisters - like in America, the latinos have tongue twisters, but them call them trabajo lenguas, or something like that (language work). It's really hard!!! It's supposed to help us with our pronunciation. It really does help. One of the words is parangaracuticimicuero....or something like that. IT'S INSANE!!! But I love it!!

Service Project - For our last service project, we got to work in the COMEDOR!!! Who got to make brownies?????? I GOT TO MAKE BROWNIES!!!!!!!! It was so fun to be able to cook in a kitchen. You don't realize what you're grateful for until you don't have it. It was also fun to spend lots of time with all of my good friends in the comedor. They even let me lick the bowl!!! Best day ever. No joke.

Sacrament Meeting - It was yet another fast sunday here, which meant bearing our testimonies. I've really been trying to bear my testimony whenever there is an opportunity. It strengthens my testimony, and it helps me learn Spanish. Win win!! I really do love Sunday. I also got to play the EFY medley for our district to sing during sacrament meeting. It was so much fun! The spirit was so strong!! President Gomez even brought his family that Sunday, so it was fun to sing for his family. I really love President Gomez. He is such a sweet man, and he sacrifices a lot to be with us every Sunday. All the people here sacrifice so much for us.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been a continual support to me while I've been here at the CCM. I can truly feel your prayers. Thank you for sending packages, letters, and love. My testimony has truly grown while I've been here. I really can't even describe it. I've grown so much. I am grateful for the opportunity I've had to be in Mexico. I love the people here. I see everyday how hard they work, and everything they sacrifice for us missionaries. My branch president wakes up at 5 every morning to be with us on Sunday. My morning teacher has to take a 2 hour bus ride to get here. These people sacrifice everything to train the army of missionaries here. I am grateful every day for their sacrifice. The CCM has truly been my home. Truly. It has never felt like a prison. Ever. I absolutely love it here. i have a testimony of this gospel. I know it's true. I know it with every fiber of my being. Thank you for everyone who has made it possible for me to be on a mission. I love you all!!

Prestos todos prestos!! To Georgia!!!

Love,

Hermana Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment