Monday, January 18, 2016

I Love Being A Missionary

Wow!! How is it possible that every week is a good one? Well, I know why, because I am a missionary! Life is always great when you are a missionary!!!!

So, we taught a really cool lesson to Rogelio and Flor this last week. Remember them?? They are so AWESOME!!! We decided to teach the Plan of Salvation. Holy cow. They ate it up!!!! We felt prompted to talk about temples, and baptisms for the dead. Flor asked us, "so does that mean my husband could get baptized for my dad??" We said of course!!! Rogelio asked if he could go to the temple to do it. But Flor said, "no silly, you have to get baptized in their church first!" It was so
amazing!!! They are both so ready! They absolutely loved it. They wanted us to reteach it to their son Jonas. He's about 14 years old. He had the biggest smile on his face when we taught him. His mom said that when we come back the next week, she wants us to just read out of the Book of Mormon with her family. She really is ready. She was basically teaching her son about our purpose, and the church. It was incredible. We have a lesson with them tonight, and we're going to try
and get them on date for baptism!!! Yay for a family!!!!

Remember Gonzalo? I don't remember if I talked about him extensively. We had him on date for baptism, but then he had to go to Florida for work. He took his Book of Mormon with him. We called him every week and tried to just have a phone lesson. Well, he's back from Florida, and he's read the whole entire Book of Mormon!!! Holy cow!!!! We haven't been able to meet with him yet....darn adversary....but when we do, he'll be super ready! yay for Chamblee!!! yay for missionary work!!!!

This week has been so great. While we were teaching Fermin, our teaching pool was very bear. I was nervous that after he got baptized, we wouldn't have anyone to teach! Well, Heavenly Father has blessed us, and the work continues! I can't wait to write next week and share more amazing experiences! This really has been an amazing week. We had a Regional Conference on Sunday, and we got to hear from Elder Clayton, Elder Rasband, and Elder Hales, and some lady whose name I forgot....oops. It was all in Spanish, so I totally did not get everything, but what I did get was absolutely amazing!! I just love being here!! There is SOOOO much good going on! I love it to death! I hope you all have an amazing week. Sorry this email was so short. Hopefully next week I'll have a lot more to share! yay! Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment