Monday, July 11, 2016

Rain, Heat and Humidity

Dearest Family and Friends,

Well, I always knew the summer would be bad here, and BOY is it HOT!!! It was in the high 90's a week and a half ago, and with the humidity - it's just death. You sweat like crazy, but it doesn't go away! AH! This week we were blessed with TONS of rain! It rained for 3 days in a row! It's a little less hot right now, but it seems to be bipolar. You never know what the weather will be! :) Haha, I do love it here though! It makes me appreciate the dry heat of Utah! :) haha :)

This week we had an amazing lesson with Viciniev, our golden referral! :) We had the Relief society president coming with us, but sadly she forgot, so we had to go withour her :( But that's okay! We taught Viciniev the Restoration! I wish I had the time to type out the whole lesson, but I will just give the basics! She and her husband are right now looking for a church for their whole family to attend together!! :) She says she needs to pray before she reads the Bible so that she can have the spirit and understand what she's reading. She already believes Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. Wow. She is GOLDEN!! She talks quite a bit, and sometimes she doesn't really "get" what we're saying, but she is SOOO spiritual, and is a genuine seeker of truth. Whether or not she "gets" it, she is going to be praying with faith to know the answer, and if she gets it, she will accept! She is incredible!!! They have 4 kids, ages 11, 13, 15, and 17. They are golden! We are hoping to bring a family this week to teach their family! Sadly they didn't come to church, but we have faith they will! :) So please pray for the Sosa family! :)

Zone conference was amazing!!!! We learned about the importance of inviting to baptism, read the scriptures, pray, and go to church. We also learned how to be more motivated, etc. It was an amazing conference! I learned SOOOOO very much!!! :):):):) I can't wait to put all this into practice! We were invited to do the 12 week training program starting next transfer, and mark a new BoM. I feel like I have so much I want to read before I go home - and I don't have time! AH! :) haha, that's good though. It's keeping my studies busy! I really did love zone conference. President Foote is SO inspired! :)

Unfortunately we weren't able to meet with any other investigators....which is lame :( we are in contact with all of them, but they just never can meet with us, which is weird. We have appointments with all of them this week, so we know things will be GREAT this week! :)

I hope you all have an amazing week! Thanks for your constant love and support! Even if I have a slow week, and there's not much success, at least I know I can see success within myself, and that's all that matters! :)

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst :)

No comments:

Post a Comment