Monday, September 19, 2016

Faith and Miracles

Dearest Family and Friends,

You know....this week was a really tough week, but at the same time it was one of the best weeks of my entire mission!!! :) I couldn't explain it to you. I'll get the sad news out of the way.

We didn't have any investigators at church yesterday :( We didn't get a chance to meet with the Lechhebs OR the Chataing-pinero's this week. It was quite a bummer. Nadia got a job, which means she'll probably work on Sunday. I am SUPER bummed. But it's okay! I have to keep remembering that this is the Lord's work!! :)

So that' it for the sad news. We had zone conference on Wednesday. Let me just say....it was AMAZING!!!! Sister Helsten and I were a little bummed leading up to zone conference. We have been working SO hard and have had SO much faith...but we haven't really seen the fruits of our labor really. We haven't had a baptism in FOREVER. We were getting wrapped into Satan's trap to all missionaries leaving soon to think they weren't doing anything and their mission was worthless, etc. We decided we needed to keep pushing through, and maybe zone conference would help. Well let me tell you....IT DID!!!! We learned about faith and miracles. We talked about finding, working with members, high expectations, etc....but the basis wasn't "you need to go finding, and you need to work with members, and you need to reach the key indicators, and you.....blah blah blah" It was all based on OUR faith in the LORD"S power. well do I have faith or not??? do I have faith that we will find people to teach?  Do I have faith the Lord will lead us to them? Do I have faith in the members? do I have faith that we WILL baptize? Do I have faith we CAN reach the key indicators? Or better, do I have faith the LORD WILL HELP US DO IT?? It was SOOO powerful. Sister Helsten and I were SO pumped. We called members like CRAZY, and we got SO many team ups. None of our investigators kept their appointments....BUT we had members with us. We didn't reach our key indicators....BUT we did see miracles and we KNOW we will sometime. The Lord has power to bring His work to pass. I have SO much faith in that. We only have 3 months left. We can't slip now. We can't just say "there isn't enough time" and give up. The time is NOW. We saw SO many miracles. We know the Lord is preparing people, and we know through HIS power, we can achieve the work. Yes, there is agency involved....BUT the Lord has the power to bring about His work. If we have faith that it will happen.....it will. It's as simple as that. We are SOOOO excited.

I know this is the Lord's work. I KNOW there is work to be done here, and miracles WILL come!!!! I hope you all have the most AMAZING week! love you all! :)

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst :)

No comments:

Post a Comment