Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring is here!

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week has been filled with many great things as usual! We've been switching our work mainly to less actives. But first I'll talk about our Easter Zone Conference! The subject was Repentance. Wow. What an amazing conference! I learned so much! We had a great discussion about what repentance really is. It's not something to be feared. It's something to be celebrated! WHile at the same time, it's still difficult. It takes effort. We talked about the blessings that come from repentance, like your guilt being washed away, your relationship with the Savior increasing, etc. Wow. It was absolutely amazing. It made me want to go out and preach repentance even more!!! I had been mistaken in the past thinking that only baptism was the gate...but repentance it the gate WITH baptism. You need both. Wow. All I can say is wow. I felt the spirit SOOO strong! I also had the opportunity to play the piano for my companions and two other sisters for a musical number. They sang a mix of families can be together forever, and love at home. It was beautiful. I love being with all the missionaries. The spirit is always just so strong! I love being a missionary. We watched a neat video on the Atonement as well. That video always brings tears to my eyes. I love my Savior. I am SOOO grateful for this Easter season :)

So, like I said, we are mainly working with less actives. It's been a HUGE blessing for the area! Not a lot of them come to church, but it's definitely what the Lord wants us to focus on right now. We don't really have any investigators because they all decided to drop us....sad :(....but we know that if we keep a positive attitude, are obedient, and follow the spirit, the work will progress the way it should! :)  A less active family that we're teaching came to church yesterday! Her husband is now driving them! how neat is that?? I was SOOO excited to see them!! Chamblee is such a great place!!

So I have a funny story. We were teaching Sally and Jessy the commandments, and when we got to the law of chastity, I told Sally "ok Sally...just don't think dirty thoughts" and she said, "like mud??" Kids are so innocent and cute! I love it! So there was the fun moment of this week that made me smile :)

I know that Chamblee is where I'm supposed to serve. Regardless of the level of "success" we have, I know that this is where the Lord wants me. I'm humbled every day to be a missionary. I am so grateful for my Savior and HIs sacrifice. I'm grateful for repentance, and I know it's powerful, and I know it changes you. It truly changes you. I know this church is true. I know it with all my heart. Thanks for all your love and support! Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment