Monday, March 21, 2016

We receive no witness until after the trial of your faith

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was a good one! I guess I'll start by talking about our new companion! Yay for trios! Who knew I'd be in a trio for 90% of my mission? Haha. I'm learning a lot! Her name is Hermana Cuevas (sister caves in Spanish ;) ) Haha. She is originally from Chile. Spanish is her native language. She moved to the US when she was....hmmm....I forgot. She knows English better than Spanish though. She was assigned English, but now she is here in Spanish with us! We are very excited! She's very sweet :)

So, the great news of this week is that we have a date set to go to the temple with all the recent converts in Chamblee!!!!!!!! March 26th!!!! Hector, Fermin, and the Aranguren's are going! How exciting is that!!!!! We are beyond excited! I can't even believe it!!! :) :) I will be SOO excited to write about that experience!!!

So this week we did a lot of working with the less actives. We weren't really able to meet with our investigators this week. We met with Stephanie, and Balbina. That's it. :( It was kind of a bummer, but that's okay! We have this week!! So, the less actives we are working with are SUPER nice! They are very excited to come back to church! Everyone we work with, investigators included, keep pretty much all their commitments, except for going to church. It's kind of disappointing to work super hard all week, and not see anyone at church :( It was especially hard one week when the elders had 13 INVESTIGATORS at church.....man. How do they do it?? I know that everything is in the Lord's timing, and everyone has their agency. I KNOW they will come to church! I know it! We are really excited about everyone we are working with! One less active, Maria (go figure) invited us over for the first time in 8 months! I've never met her, so this was a HUGE miracle! We ate lunch with her. I was eating too slow for her taste, so she told me I was cast out from the table....haha. Silly Maria. I ate REALLY fast after that. then I got ice cream! Yay! :) So many great things are happening. I am SO excited about it! It may be at a downhill, or more like a flat road...but eventually it will go up and everything will fall into place! I know it!!!

The great thing is that Hector came to church, and he told us he told his work he wasn't coming because he had to go to church. :) yay!!! Hector and Fermin are the BOMB!!!!! The branch may not be as happy that they aren't "families" but they are 2 strong men who will make great families in the future. I am SOOO excited for Chamblee! This week was great!!!!!

I hope you all have an amazing week! I can't wait to talk about everything great that's happening next week! yay!!! I love you all so much! Thanks for the love and support!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst



No comments:

Post a Comment