Monday, April 18, 2016

I Love the Temple

Dearest family and friends,

WOW. What an amazing week this has been! I sure love being a missionary!!!! This week was incredible!!!!! Sadly, we had to say goodbye to our companion Sister Cuevas. She had to go home :( We will miss her :(

Well, I guess I will start out with the BEST part of my week! We went to the TEMPLE finally!!!!!! :) We went with Fermin, and 3 of the elders' recent converts. Hector couldn't go, but we are going this week with him!!!! :) :) :) Yay! :) It was such an incredible experience!! My favorite part was being able to translate for them. It was so neat and special. I sure love being a missionary. Their faces were just glowing! Wow. What a GREAT day!!! One of their temple recommends didn't have the month or year circled, so while they were calling our branch president, the TEMPLE PRESIDENT came down and talked to him, and I got to translate! AHHH! So fun! I love the temple! There was such a neat spirit there. It was cool to be there with so many missionaries :) Wow. An experience to remember! We are SOOO blessed to have a temple in our mission. Wow. What a blessing. :)

So, one of the COOLEST things about this week was all the "1st time" lessons we had. We were able to pick up a former again and we had a GREAT lesson with her!! We had a first lesson with a referral from the elders, and she is GOLDEN. I hope to have more stories about Alicia in future letters!! WE also had a lesson with Lourdes, the bus stop lady. Her 14 yr old daughter Rachel came and joined the lesson! At the end of the lesson, Rachel was confused about the book of Mormon a little, so Lourdes turns to her and says, "ok. Mormon abridged it, and his son Moroni put the plates in the ground, and appeared as an angel to Joseph Smith, then Joseph Smith translated the book so we could have it now." Can you believe our investigator was explaining this??!! It was amazing!!! They both just accepted everything! WOW!!! I sure love being a missionary. I can't wait to share about all these people progressing!!!!

Sadly Rogelio and Flor did not come to church, but they texted and said they wouldn't be able to make it, so that shows they really are serious about this!!! :) Yay! I am SOOO  happy :) This week was SOOO incredible!! Thanks for all your love and support. I hope you all have such a great week! Love you all! :)

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst


No comments:

Post a Comment