Monday, April 25, 2016

Greetings From Chamblee!

Dearest family and friends,

Another great week has gone by here in Chamblee!! I have survived the 7 week transfer!! :) Haha. It really went by super fast!!! I can't even believe it!!! So, I have some transfer news!! Sister Stewart is leaving ..... we've been companions my whole mission and now she's leaving!!!!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO sad!!!!!!!!!!! I love her so much!  She really is my sister. This is hard. I will have the opportunity to train!!! I am super nervous, but I know it's what the Lord wants! I am so excited for the opportunity!! Life is great!! But I will miss Sister Stewart.....lots and lots....:(

This week was GREAT!!! We had a lot of great things happen!! We got to go to the temple with Hector!!! He absolutely LOVED it! He told us after he wants to go every week because he felt super close to heaven. Wow. What a great experience to share with him!!! :) I love going to the temple!!!

We have a lot of people who are progressing now! It's SOOO excited! The Lord is truly blessing our area!! :) I will now tell you about Raquel. She was a referral from one of our less actives. We went and visited her a couple times, but she said she felt more comfortable with her friend being there, and would never visit with just us. She's super shy. We finally just showed up and taught her a lesson and got to know her better. Now she's a lot more comfortable with us! Yay! She said she wanted to go to church, but needed a ride. We talked to one of our members, and she had just bought a van specifically so she could take investigators to church! She agreed to drive her! :) Yay! So, Raquel came to church! She is single, and 8 months pregnant, and she has a 4 yr old boy. She is SO sweet! She loved church. The branch was so great to friendship her. :) She told us she was SO excited to have us come and teach her more! yay! We see promise with her! :)

Sadly Rogelio and Flor didn't come again :( We were pretty bummed about that. We know that they will progress in their own time. We have to trust in the Lord....even if it's hard :(  But on the bright side, a less active family came to the Chamblee branch after 10 months!!!! WOW!!!! How exciting is that!!! WE have visited them faithfully almost every week, and they were always too stubborn to forgive whatever offended them in Chamblee. Well, here they were yesterday!!! We seriously cried we were so excited!!!

Really, life is great here in Chamblee!!! I couldn't be more excited to be serving here for another 2 transfers for sure!!! Woot woot!!!! :) :) I love it here!!!! Thanks for all your love and support. Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst



No comments:

Post a Comment