Monday, June 13, 2016

Hello From Cunningham

Dearest Family and Friends,

Well, it has happened! I am finally ina new area!! I will miss Chamblee SOOO much, but I am SO excited for the new opportunity! Cunningham is one of 4 Spanish areas here, and one of 2 FULL Spanish areas. The other two are half and half. I absolutely LOVE it here. It is just like Chamblee, but the area is smaller. There are TONS of houses, not very many apartments, and there are WAY less Hispanics, so finding is a little bit more difficult. The people are so nice! it's like a cute small town here. I love it! Church is REALLY close to everyone, so that makes it really easy! I am with my trainer Hermana
Gallardo again. I had a feeling we would be companions again :) They played a joke on me my second day here. One of the members pretended to be an investigator. Well, I was getting REALLY into the lesson thinking "she's prepared for me! This is why I'm here!" Then she dropped the bomb that she was a member....well, it was funny, but I will admit I was very disappointed. It was funny though, I guess. The members here are SOOO nice! I feel like it's already like my home! I can't wait to work with everyone more!!

We have been doing TONS of finding!! They haven't really been finding here much before because they mostly work with less actives. They haven't had a baptism here (for sisters) since like September....so that will change! We will find the people who are prepared! I have been asking for referrals from all the members, and they are SOOO willing to help! We have return appointments with like 3 families who live next door to members! I thought that these sisters had already
tried these things, but I guess not! There's lots to do here! I can't wait to find all the people prepared for baptism!!

We do have one miracle of this week. We have 2 investigators...a mother and her 15 year old daughter. We taught Gabriela, the mom, this last week, and she accepted to be baptized on the 2nd of July!!! We are SOOO excited! She will most likely come to an FHE with a member tonight! We are SOOO excited!!! :):):)

There are great things coming our way here in Cunningham! Good news is, I'm still in the same Stake as Chamblee, so when we do activities, I will see them! Yay! have a great week everyone! I love you all so much!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst




No comments:

Post a Comment