Monday, June 6, 2016

Goodbye Chamblee :(

Dearest Family and Friends,

Well, the time is finally here....I am leaving Chamblee after 10 months here. Wow. I can't even believe it actually happened! I was starting to think they forgot about me! I guess not. I am SOOO sad to be leaving, and I will miss a lot of people...but I know I'm going where the Lord wants me to go, and I have SO many wonderful experiences waiting for me there!! :) :) I am SOOO excited! :)

I wanted to share my testimony this week, and what I learned here in Chamblee. I learned to love. I love these people so much, and I am so grateful for the time I had with them. I know without a doubt I was supposed to serve here for this long. it was hard and tried my faith many times, but I'm glad I stuck it through and learned from the experience. I love Chamblee and the people with all of my heart :) I will never forget Hector and Fermin, and how much they mean to me. They will always have a special place in my heart. I know this is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who loves each one of us individually. I know He only wants the best for each one of us. I am SOOO grateful for the time I've had here to have my testimony strengthened. I will miss everyone so much, but I will be SOOO excited to go back and visit them :)

I think I forgot to mention last week that we have started a Bible class every week! Woohoo! Only like 2 people come....but that will change!! Chamblee really is growing!!

Also, I wanted to share a neat experience I had this last week. We went to Flor and Rogelio's, and their little 4 year old had run off
and they couldn't find her. We tried to say a prayer with them, but they were too hysterical. My companion and I each said a prayer, then we went out to go and look for her. I prayed the spirit would guide me to her. I had the strongest impression I had to check the leasing office. something was literally pulling me there...however I thought that was dumb and she wouldn't be in there...so I kept walking. Well, moments later, a man came out of the leasing office and said a little girl was in there looking for her mom. I definitely learned my lesson. The spirit guided me there, and I knew it, but did not listen. I have learned to follow EVERY prompting I receive from the spirit.

The area is pretty slow right now, and we don't really have any investigators, BUT we have a lot of potentials, so I see a lot of good things coming to Chamblee really soon!

Thanks for all your love and support! I can't wait to go to a new area and have some new experiences! I love you all! :)

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst

Here are some pictures of people I will miss....








No comments:

Post a Comment