Monday, August 15, 2016

A Test of Faith

Dearest Family and Friends,

As always, when great things come....opposition follows. It's the Lord's way of testing us, and Satan's way of trying to discourage us. Good thing I know Satan won't win, and I have the Lord on my side! :)

We were able to meet with Joseida (mother of the miracle family) this last Wednesday. We forgot to schedule a team up because we're dumb sometimes....but when we showed up, a member was already there visiting with her!!! WHAT???? That was the Lord saying "I can do my own work" you know? It was definitely a lesson learned for me!!! :) We will ALWAYS have a team up! We were able to answer some of her questions, and it was awesome! She's SUCH a sweet lady. I am SOOO excited! Unfortunately, she hasn't talked to us since Thursday. She doesn't return our texts or calls, and they didn't come to church Sunday. I'm not worried....I know the Lord has everything under control....but it's just kind of discouraging to have a great miracle, and then have everything take a 180. I know it will all work out, and next week I will have GREAT stories to share!! I have SOOO much faith!!!!

Our numbers were terrible this week, even though we worked hard. Connie kind of dropped off the face of the earth, but hopefully we'll pick her back up this week!! :) I know that opposition always comes. I know that we had an amazing miracle, and life can't always stay that perfect. I can't focus on the numbers. I am not a numbers missionary, but there are certain expectations with numbers, and sometimes it's discouraging. I'm going to focus on what GREAT things DID happen this week, even if the numbers don't reflect it! :)

This week, we had 2 less actives makes HUGE changes in their lives. One is 20 years old. She moved out of her boyfriend's house, and she wants to come back to church!! We call and pray with her every night, and she is starting to pray herself too! She said she wants to change and be a better person. Her mom came up to us at church and just kept thanking us for what we did. We told her it wasn't us, and that it was her daughter choosing to come closer to Christ. Wow. What a neat experience! the other is a 16 year old. Her step mom is active, but her dad is inactive. That's been tough. Recently when we came over to visit her step mom, she wanted to join the lesson. THAT was a HUGE step. Now she tells us to come over all the time because she misses that spirit. She even wants to come out and teach with us!!! She came to church yesterday for the first time in MONTHS. Her step mom told us that the whole drive over she talked about how excited she was to come out and teach with us!!! WOW!!!! Being a missionary is amazing!

Even though our numbers showed a terrible week...it wasn't. Satan wants us to be discouraged and think we did a terrible job. Preach My Gospel lists the definition of a successful missionary, and NONE of those definitions say a THING about number....SO. As long as I feel the spirit, and try my hardest......I'm successful :) Please keep praying for our sweet family from Venezuela! Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst :)





No comments:

Post a Comment