Monday, August 1, 2016

The True Missionary Experience

Dearest Family and Friends,

Well, this week was definitely different than most!!!! Today marks 13 months on the mission, and it took this long for me to get the REAL mission experience. We ran out of miles this month because our area got bigger, and the APs had NONE to spare. Soo......we borrowed the elders' GIANT bikes. Yup. bikes. Our area is HUGE!!! We biked like 20 miles a day for the weekend. It was SOOO fun!!!! We got sunburned, we sweat to death, AND we got POURED on. It was sOOO fun!!! I couldn't help but just smile and laugh the whole time! We'd ride by people and I'd say "good afternoon!" in the pouring rain, and th'd say "you call
this a good afternoon??" That was the response we usually got. But it truly WAS a good afternoon!!!! I love being a missionary!!! Thank goodness the Lord  helped people be home so we didn't ride 6 miles to an appointment for nothing!!! Haha, it really was a sUPER fun weekend!!! :):):):):)

Because of all the biking, a lot of the members felt bad for us and some even went on team ups with us! It was a HUGE miracle!!! So, maybe now they'll still do it even when we have miles!  haha :) I also had a neat experience. I got super badly sunburned on Friday, and it healed more on Saturday. Sunday just riding to church, it got burned super bad even though I CAKED it in sunscreen. I knew riding all day would make the burn SO bad. So I prayed to Heavenly Father that I'd be protected. Well, Heavenly Father has an interesting way of answering prayers....after the prayer, it absolutely POURED for the next 4 hours of riding bikes. Hahaha :) e were SOAKED!!! But, I didn't get burned. Heavenly Father was really looking out for me :)

We are teaching this lady named Connie. She's 25, and her boyfriend is 50. They really want to get married.....like super bad. We are SOOO excited! She's not ready for baptism quite yet, but she loves the lessons, and actually reads every assignment we leave her with! I think her marriage is the next step for her to feel ready for baptism! Pray for Connie! We are working closely with the branch to get this marriage going! :) Woot! :)

So that was my week! It was literally the best week ever!!! I am just SOOOO happy! Biking was super hard, but I slept SOOOO good!!! :):):):):)  I hope you all have an AMAZING week! 

Love to you all!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst:)

I think I can, I think I can ....


On the Elders' giant bikes!!!

We made it through the rain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment