Monday, August 29, 2016

Happy 14 Months!

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was amazing! Church yesterday was a little discouraging. We didn't have any investigators, but that is okay!! Our two amazing families are still in contact with us, all is good! I wanted to share a trial that happened this week, not to be negative, but more to share my learning experience. We tried SOOO hard to get members to come with us to our lessons. These families are WAY too important not have members there. I kid you not, we called the WHOLE roster....and nobody could come. Nobody. It was insane! We were SO sad to have to go to our lessons without members. We would finally get an appointment, be outside the door, then the member would cancel last minute. It was unbelievable! I was thinking, "why is this happening? We are trying so hard!" But I knew there had to be opposition in all things. I was so discouraged, but I didn't want to get down and stop trying. Well, it turns out that because of our INTENSE efforts to get team ups, all the members know we're serious and know there's work to do. Whether they come out with us or not, we are building our relationship with them, and we KNOW we will see the fruits of our labor sometime in the future. I am SOOO hopeful! This branch is AMAZING!!!! I will keep the faith!!

So, we taught the Lechheb's this last week. We talked a little about the Plan of Salvation, but mostly about Christ's role in all of it. Since they are Muslim, they don't really have a lot of knowledge of Jesus Christ. The lesson was SO powerful. They knew it was all true! They had been reading the Book of Mormon too! It was incredible. They are SUCH a sweet family :) I have SO much faith in them. They even came to our English class! That class happened to be "learn a prayer in English" Wow. What a miracle! They literally accept everything we tell them. The spirit is really touching their hearts, but more importantly, they are letting the spirit in! Wow. I am SO blessed to know them!!

So that was our week! We had a lot of lessons, saw a lot of success with the members and less actives, and it was incredible! I love being a missionary! Thanks for your love and support always!

I wanted to say a happy birthday to my sister in law Ashley! Happy Birthday Ashley! hope you have a GREAT day! love you! :)

Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst :)

No comments:

Post a Comment