Monday, October 24, 2016

Double the Blessings :)

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was incredible!!! I am slowly getting a little more comfortable in the area. 2 areas is a LOT to juggle. Sometimes I feel inadequate because when we don't get aorund to visiting someone, one ward thinks we weren't working hard enough. I think they forget we work in 2 wards. I feel bad I can't give 100% to both, but I can try! :) I need to stop being so hard on myself. But it is sure fun to be here in this area! We couldn't pass around our dinner calendar because of stake conference, so we had NO dinners this last week. By some miracle, every day a member would randomly text us and ask if we had dinner. Then they'd invite us over! We were fed all week and it was a miracle!!!! Both wards are really looking out for us and making sure we're being taken care of :) I really do love the people here!!

The Douglasville ward meets at 10am, and Sweetwater ward at 1pm, so that's 6 hours of church!!! oh my goodness! We also have meetings sometimes. So we were at church from 8:30 to about 4;30 on Sunday. I will NEVER complain after the misison if I have to stay after for a meeting or something. This is teaching me patience! BUT, the good news is, it feels like double the blessings! We get to go to church twice every Sunday! it's SOOO cool!!!

The members came out with us a lot this week. They drove us clear to Carrollton and Dallas to visit some Spanish people. These wards are ALL about missionary work. It's crazy amazing!!!! They really take care of you here! Everyone is so friendly and nice! We're really getting to know all the people here! It's SOOOO amazing!!! :):):):):):):):) I see some great things coming! Even if I can't see them happen, I will know I got to be a part of it here :)

I want to end with a neat story. At zone training, we were asked to go in a room and pray with our companion, and draw specifically someone we wanted to find and baptize in our area. We prayed, and it was amazing to see the spirit guide the both of us. We really thought of the exact same things! For Douglasville, we thought of an older man who just lost his wife. We drew him with a dog, and one of those camp baseball caps. Well, as we've been planning this week, we have wanted to go see a less active lady like every day, and we always knew this man would be in that area. We never got around to it until Saturday. After trying this lady, we actually forgot we had planned to find this man. We were driving away and noticed a beautiful house. There was a man putting somehting in the mailbox. He was older and had on the EXACT hat we drew. I thought, "huh, what a neat coincidence" but I kept driving because I felt awkward stopping there. Well, the spirit was too strong, so I turned around and we marched up his long, long driveway to talk to him. We said, "hi sir! We're misisonaries, and we felt the need to come speak with you today." we then heard a dog barking. We KNEW it was him!!! He then proceeded to tell us he was catholic. He accepted our card, and was NOT interested...but very kind. Even though it wasn't HIM him, I knew we needed to stop by and talk to him. Maybe the spirit was testing to see if we'd really seek out this man?? I don't know. But for whatever reason, we were led to him, and it was a neat moment :)

Well, I love y'all (haha) and hope you have a GREAT week!!

Love,
Sister/Hermana Bringhurst :)

No comments:

Post a Comment