Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy 10 Months! :)

Dearest Family and Friends,

Wow...I can't believe I've been gone 10 months! It's insane! Time is SOO fast!!!! Wow. This week has been great! I LOVE that I am still here in Chamblee!!!! I keep feeling like I want a change of scene...then I think about leaving here...and I get sad....so I think I'm torn....but I LOVE it here!!!! So I got a new companion. She's from Brazil. Her name is Sister Bento Mathias (pronounced ma-ch-ias). She is 28 years old, so props to her for coming on a mission! She is really nice. I'm excited to see how this transfer goes! She actually served 3 transfers in Brazil waiting for her visa, then came to the
MTC in Provo for 3 weeks, now she's here...so really I'm not training. I'm just training her on the area. So that's the update!

We found out that Rogelio and Flor are not married, but they want to be!!! Good thing our branch president is a lawyer!! We are going to get them married and it's going to be sooo great!!! I really think they are SOOO prepared for baptism! It's just a matter of time for them to accept it!!!!! :) Sadly they didn't come to church, but we have faith that all will work out! :)

So, remember Alicia? I might have mentioned her briefly. Well, we went to visit her, and her husband was there too! We taught them about the Restoration, and Alberto her husband LOVED it! He wants to read the Book of Mormon and learn more! They have SOOO much potential! We are really excited for them!!!!

We have been SUPER busy lately! Really! It's been SOOO great! We always have something to do! I absolutely LOVE being a missionary! We went to a service project, and this guy came up to us and asked us about our church. I told him a little, and he wanted the misisonaries to come! I got his info and passed it on to the elders in Covington! He seemed SO golden! Yay for missionary work!

So, our branch is amazing!! They have always arrived late to church.....Hispanic time right?? ;) But we have ALL made a goal to be early so we can prepare for church. Well, it worked. Our whole branch came early or on time on Sunday!!! it was a miracle!!!! WOW!!!! Life is so great! Just those little things make all the difference. :) I love being a missionary :)

Well, that's it for this week! I hope you all have a great week! I can't wait to share more next week!

Love,
Hermana Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment